If you want to be able to win real money while playing pokies online, you have to play with real money. Any reputable, worthwhile Internet casino will have a range of safe and secure payment options available for AUD. Making a deposit into your casino playing account should be a straightforward process.
Here’s our guide to making real money deposits at Web casinos, and everything you need to know.
Types of Internet casino deposit options
Each online casino has a variety of payment methods you can use to make a deposit into your playing account, so you can use the payment type that is most convenient for you. The following types of deposit options are available at most Web casinos:
- Direct bank transfers
- Credit and debit cards: usually for MasterCard, Visa, American Express and JCB Credit
- e-Wallets: there are many different e-Wallet services offered to Australians that deal in AUD and are welcomed by Web casinos. These include e-Wallet brands like Ukash, Neteller, Skrill Moneybookers and more
- Pre-paid cards
- Online payment services: POLi is the main payment service for AUD deposits at gambling sites
Best deposit methods for online pokies
As we have already outlined, there is a multitude of different payment types for making a deposit into your casino playing account, however each of these deposit options each have their own pros and cons.
There’s no absolute, best, way to make a deposit for real money pokies online, but here are some of the advantages and drawbacks of the better possible deposit types.
- MasterCard and Visa debit and credit cards are nice and convenient payment options as most people have either a debit or credit card and virtually all Web casinos have this is a payment option. Often deposits made with a MasterCard or Visa card are processed instantly so you can start playing pokies online for real money straight away. At some online casinos you do have to wait 2 – 4 business days for the transaction to go through.
- Neteller is a popular and very well established e-Wallet service that puts an additional barrier between your main bank account and any merchant you’re dealing with over the Internet. First you must make a deposit into your virtual wallet at Neteller, and then make a deposit using the funds in your digital wallet into your casino playing account. This gives players who are wary of being scammed on the Internet extra peace of mind. Plus, many online casinos actually reward you for making a deposit with an e-Wallet. For instance, you can often get a bonus 10% on the first deposit you make using an e-Wallet at many of our recommended Internet casinos (be sure to enter the current promo code in order to redeem this bonus).
- POLi is Australia’s biggest online real time debit payment system. They process over one billion dollar’s worth of transactions every year, so you know they can be trusted. All transactions made using POLi are protected by 2048-bit secure socket layer digital encryption technology. The extra protection POLi offers you over the Web is very appealing to customers who are wary of third-parties accessing their money and personal details illegally. We recommend POLi for pokies players who don’t have credit cards or who don’t like using their personal credit cards for transactions made over the Internet.
- Skrill and/or Moneybookers is another popular e-Wallet service. Just for the record, Skrill was once called Moneybookers, so if you see either name they are in fact Skrill. Skrill is one of the largest e-Wallet services that works internationally. They are widely accepted so if you have a Skrill account it’s likely that you’ll be able to use it at your preferred online casino. Since Skrill is commonly used overseas, you can often use the service at online casinos even if they don’t deal in AUD currency.
- Ukash works the same as other major digital wallet services. Ukash is very widely accepted, is used in over 55 countries and accepted at thousands of websites.
What about PayPal for pokies?
PayPal is a very popular service that helps you make safer and faster transactions online. Thousands of people use PayPal at all sorts of online stores everyday in over 100 countries. It’s a very useful service for making purchases online; unfortunately, though, you cannot use PayPal to make deposits into casino playing accounts.
PayPal is not offered as a payment option at any online casinos for AUD deposits. POLi is the next best alternative to PayPal as a secure financing service over the Web. POLi also deals in AUD and has lots of support services available for its Australian based customers.
Depositing real money at your chosen Web casino
Making a deposit at an online casino is a very straightforward and efficient process that shouldn’t take you more than a couple of minutes. Here is our step-by-step guide to making a deposit at an Internet casino:
1. The first step is simply logging into your casino playing account. If you aren’t signed up to the online casino yet you’ll first have to fill out some details in order to register and get details for your playing account.
2. Once you are logged into your playing account, head to the banking section of the virtual casino; this button is usually well advertised. Often when you hit the ‘Banking’ button, a new window for banking will open up.
3. Here you will be presented with the following options; Deposit, Withdrawal, Reverse Withdrawal, Statements, Contact Us, Customer Support. These banking categories may vary a little between casino websites, but generally they’ll be very similar.
4. Under the ‘Deposit’ category, you will be presented with the payment types that online casino accepts.
5. Once you have selected the deposit option you will then need to fill in the necessary details in order to complete the transaction. How long it takes for your deposit to be processed will depend on the payment type and on your preferred online casino.
Are my pokies deposits safe?
Any reputable online casino employs industry-leading protective measures to safeguard all transactions to and from their site. Most utilise 128-bit secure socket layer digital encryption technology, which is the same defensive technology that international banks use. All of the Web casinos we write about have these top-of-the-line technologies so you can play with real money safely and securely.